"Yancey Stevens & the City Slickers" deliver custom fitted entertainment, with a mix of hot new country and western hits, traditional cowboy trail songs, classic country favorites, old time rock and roll, and a sprinkling of humor and tall tales from the old west. Yancey Stevens offers the flexibility of performing as a solo singing cowboy, an acoustic duo or trio, or a four to seven piece band. No matter what your requirements may be, Yancey Stevens or his band "Yancey Stevens & the City Slickers" will fit the bill.
QUARTET ON STAGE
Yancey Stevens and the City Slickers have established themselves as one of the most sought after bands in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. Extensive club dates coupled with a fast rising number of corporate and private parties have brightened the demand for this band. High energy, versatility, and a clean cut look make Yancey Stevens and the City Slickers a hit on the dance floor as well as on the concert stage.
Here are a few of their accomplishments.
- Appeared on the Main Stage at the 1994 PIONEER DAYS CELEBRATION in the Fort Worth Stockyards as warm up act for Nashville recording artist, Mark Collie.
- Acclaimed in COUNTRY NIGHTS MAGAZINE as one of the "HOTTEST NEW BANDS IN THE METROPLEX".
- Featured at the 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, and 1999 CHISHOLM TRAIL ROUND-UP in the Fort Worth Stockyards.
- Provided entertainment at the 1995 annual Spring Party for the HOME SHOPPING NETWORK.
- Hired by the GRAND PRAIRIE RODEO for their 1995 & 1998 WESTERN DAYS CELEBRATION.
- Provided entertainment for EXCELL CORPORATION at the Wyndam Anatole Hotel of Dallas, Texas, August 2002.
- HEADLINE PERFORMER at the 1995 MIKE MATTIX PRODUCTIONS SPRING JAM in the Fort Worth Stockyards.
- Provided entertainment for the TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY CLUB October 20, 2001 and April 4, 2002.
- Featured at the 1995 RED RIVER VALLEY FAIR in Paris, Texas, as warm up act for Johnny Rodriguez.
- Hired by GERALD HINES CORPORATION for their 1998 and 2000 Christmas Party at the Northwood Club in Dallas, Texas.
- Provided entertainment for Arbitrons #1 rated TERRY DORSEY SHOW on KSCS 96.3 FM live at Six Flags Over Texas - July 24, 1998 for their 10th Anniversary Celebration.
- Frequent performances at BILLY BOB'S TEXAS, the world's largest -Honky-Tonk", as warm up act for various recording artists such as David Kersh, Johnny Rivers, and Rusty Weir.
- Featured on the KPLX stage at the 1996 PIONEER DAYS CELEBRATION as warm up act for Nashville recording artist, Jo Dee Messina.
- HEADLINE PERFORMER at the -BACK TO THE COUNTRY 1996" festival in Sendai, Japan.
- Provided entertainment at WEST END MARKETPLACE in downtown Dallas, Texas for the 2000 TEXAS / OKLAHOMA football game Streetdance.
- Featured at 1998 RACEFEST, held at Sundance Square in downtown Fort Worth as warm up act for recording artist Doug Supernaw.
- Performed at KHYI 93.5 FM 1997 Texas Independence Day Concert at South Fork Ranch with Ray Wylie Hubbard, Chris Wall, Dale Watson, and others.
- Featured at the 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 DENTON ARTS & JAZZ FESTIVAL, in Denton, Texas.